Wingman aims to combine the safety, anonymity and reach of online dating with the immediacy and accuracy of meeting people in real places, in real time. It uses the GPS technology in your mobile device to determine your location, and to enable you to virtually leave your photo at the places you go. The anonymity of the Wingman feature reduces the pressure in expressing your interest to people around you, or to people who have come before you. This helps create a more casual and low-pressure meeting environment, and an easy way to avoid that frustrating "missed connection." Also, because chat sessions are only available when "the feeling is mutual", you don't have to worry about receiving a bunch of unwanted messages from other users.
Because Wingman is all about meeting people in real life, we require each user to upload a face photo. We will remove any photo that excludes the user's face, or includes body area below the shoulders. We do this because we are not interested in encouraging casual encounters between users - there are plenty of other applications readily available to help interested users achieve that goal. Our goal is to create an application that is friendly, fun, useful, spontaneous, and private for our users.
Wingman collects and handles personal information according to the policy below:
(1) Wingman may request and collect from you an email address, password, face photo, and answers to icebreaker questions. Wingman stores this information in a secure server. The only information that will be made public is your face photo and the answers you've chosen to the icebreaker questions given
(2) Your publicly-accessible information (above) is viewable only by Wingman users.
(3) Should you link your Foursquare account to your Wingman account, your past and future Foursquare check-ins will transfer automatically to your Wingman account. Your Wingman check-ins, however, will not transfer to your Foursquare account.
(4) After checking-in to a Spot, your photo will remain visible for one (1) month to other users either (i) near that Spot or (ii) who also have their photo currently visible at that Spot (using the Recent Spots feature).
(5) Wingman is not designed to permit users to track or follow any other user. There is no feature on Wingman that allows users to store or catalog the Spots visited by other users.
(6) We do not share your face photo, your answers, your age or your email address with any third parties, including advertisers.
We assume that you will provide information to us only if you are over the age of 18. We do not accept users who are under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect or store any information from such minors.
In order for Wingman to work with your device, we must collect your Device Identification Code or "DIC". The DIC is a special type of identifier used in software applications in order to provide a unique reference number for application like those used by your mobile device. Your DIC is not shared with other users or any other party.
You understand that when you use Wingman, certain information you post or provide on Wingman may be shared with other nearby users, including without limitation your photo and answers to icebreaker questions. In addition, you understand that use of Wingman may include the disclosure and display of Spots you've visited, or are currently visiting, to other users. Wingman users can use the Recent Spots feature to see information about places they've visited recently, including photos of users who have checked-in at those places. Your check-in information will be used in part for that purpose.
We do not share any of your photo, age or email address with any third parties. We may share your location with advertising display networks in order to display locally targeted advertisements. These advertising display partners do not receive or collect your photo, your answers, or your DIC and do not link location information to your DIC. Further, Wingman does not authorize advertisers to share your location information other than as necessary to perform their service. Although Wingman may share statistical user location & demographic information with advertising partners in aggregate, we do not share any specific user information with these advertisers.
We will not otherwise disclose any personal information without your consent except: in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; and if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law.